Sunday, November 20, 2011

Favourite Knits to Wear



 Now that it has turned colder it is time to bundle up in all my favourite knits. I am not a fan of driving in the snow and ice but there is something so special ,so invigorating as going for a walk on a cold crisp day. I should qualify this a bit, our winter weather here  is pretty wimpy as compared to most of the rest of Canada. We have been hit by an early blast which is quite unusual and it won't last too long. However it is really pretty to see all the houses and trees sporting snowy attire. It is also really very conducive to staying home and picking up the needles. I can think of so many knitting projects to do right now!



 Infinity scarves are still really popular and they are so versatile.They can be worn so many different ways. I really like Noro Silk Garden (no kidding!) and had always thought an infinity scarf knit in it would be beautiful.  Recently I saw a similar type of scarf knit up in garter stich using a hand dye- it was quite eye catching. So I knit one for myself. I love it!


As it is knit on the diagonal, the colours stripe beautifully.




Again, the colours!



 This scarf has to be one of my all time favourites. It is the Noro Striped Scarf . I really need to do another one. It really knits up fast and it is just such a great scarf to wear. It was knit with Silk Garden,



Gee what a coincidence my scarves match these wristers too-actually it wasn't planned-I just seem to gravitate to certain colours and yarns!! Seriously, the colours are just wonderful. The pattern is Mulled Wine Mitts. If you follow the link there are lots of other great knitting patterns as well as recipes, articles etc. There are just too many ideas of things to do and create!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs