Friday, October 14, 2011

Back in the saddle again.....




Wow it is the middle of October already. It gets dark by 6:30 now. Definitely apple crisp season-heh heh. My garden is still hanging in there but it is supposed to go below freezing tonight. It is always sad when all the flowers and veggies are done for the season but then it does free up some time for our favourite activity-knitting!!!And finally there is some actual knitting content today.





No this is not me-unfortunately! This is Jen from my Thursday morning class modeling a cowl I have just finished. We all love this one . It is the Alameda Cowl from the Fall 2011 issue of Knitscene. I knit it using Malabrigo Rios in the pupuras colourway. It is knit on the bias and buttons up on one side. As you can see it is very versatile. There are so many ways you can wear it.It is double sided so it is super cozy and so soft. Now what else can I use to knit this one again...... I have started another project but haven't taken any pictures yet-it does involve some Noro yarn (big surprise)!

 I will finish with some more garden pics. We always let a lot of rogue sunflowers grow wherever in our garden. They always look good and they attract so many birds. Fortunately our old kitty Puff is quite deaf and losing his eyesight so there is no problem there. Mind you he has always been strictly ornamental!









 I planted these morning glories at the base of some old wooden ladders. I planted them in late June and it looks like they are going to freeze before they really hit full bloom-rats!! There's always next year. Have a good knitting weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs