Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Wonders of Blocking

From this to this








  Blocking truly amazes me everytime I block a project. What looks blobbish and undefined is magically transformed into something quite nice or even quite spectacular. I often think to myself-wow I didn't know it was going to look this good, mind you I am also nervous some critical or really bad mistake is going to rear its ugly head. Having your knitting all bunched up on a needle can lead to a few oversights!
 I really really liked knitting this one. It blocked really nicely. I didn't use pins or wires as I realized it was pretty big-it is approx 63 inches in diameter. I just shaped and measured to see if it was a circle and not an ellipse. I definitely will knit another one. The pattern is just so very pretty.  Thank you Mr. Flood. My pictures do not do the dyeing justice. Thank you Madtosh

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! How much easier it must have been not having to pin it too!

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs