Monday, June 6, 2011

Knit knit knit


I started knitting Girasole-a Jared Flood pattern sometime ago. It is a beautiful pattern. Head on over to Ravelry and check out some of the  lovely throws, shawls, blankets...etc  knitters have made with this pattern. They are amazing! It also knits up so well in lots of different fibres-from silk to wool to cottons.So I have had this puppy on my hit list for a few years, I even bought some yarn for it a couple of years ago (gee what a surprise).Anyways, a few weeks ago I walked into my LYS and saw this yarn. It's Madelinetosh DK in the colour Earl Grey. Of course the rest is history. This is such nice yarn to knit with and has a great sproingy texture and the colours are wonderful.And its not in the blue pink purple family! I do tend to gravitate to certain colours!









My pictures do not do the colours justice.However I am on the part of the pattern that has 640 stitches for 44 rounds,that's a lot of knitting! It is a fairly easy pattern to knit so it's going okay. It is great to knit while watching the Stanley Cup-go Canucks


  Gardens everywhere are bursting out in colour. What a great time of year! 

1 comment:

  1. It's going to be a beautiful blanket! It's in my queue to knit one day too :)

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs