Monday, March 12, 2012

Elfin Slippers



Sally recently knit these super cute slippers. She knit them both in an evening-can you believe it!




These were knit using an old pattern (I have the same pattern and I bought it decades ago for $1.60!) with some very soft and pretty bulky yarn. Adding a novelty yarn up at the cuff really makes these slippers pop! It is such a great idea and it reminds me to think about adding embellishments or change things up to add some punch to a project.


She also sewed on some suede slipper bottoms which will extend the life of the slippers significantly. I made thrummed slippers for my kids several years ago and they wore out quite quickly, I wish I had put on some slipper bottoms.


These would make a great gift. They are fast and easy to do and everyone would love them.




Here is one of Judith"s adorable baby hats . It is knit with a bulky and frilly yarn. Super cute!!


Judith aka ColourSparks has been designing lots of hats for adults,children and babies. They are super patterns to knit and to wear.                                                                                                                   

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of mixing a novelty yarn to add some character. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs