Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Warm hats for colder climes

I recently sent some hats to Alberta to our BC transplants. There was a birthday involved and both hats were quite a hit! I had a mailing deadline so the pictures were taken in a hurry-that's my excuse anyways! It sure is a lot easier to take pictures in the summer-more light and prettier backdrops. These are not the greatest pics but they are great hats knit with good patterns and wonderful yarn.







 This hat is knit with Malabrigo Rios in the colourway Purple Mystery. It is very pretty. The pattern can be found here . I have knit several things with Sweet Georgia Yarns and they are all wonderful. This is the first time I have tried one of her patterns. It is a nice pattern to knit and the hat has a nice bit of slouch,




I have used this pattern. it is a great pattern for guys. It fits well and knits up fast.




It is knit with Louet Gems in the Light Worsted weight- colourway Indigo. I like this wool as it is a super wash and can go in the dryer. Great choice if your gift recipients aren't too wool care savvy. It is nice to knit with too.



 I am finished my gift knitting for this year, I scaled back a lot compared to other years, easier on the arms wrists and hands. I still have the urge to do some more as there are 10 days left before Christmas. I might have to slip in one more thing heh heh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs